PDA

View Full Version : Green Star Polyps Dying!!

IRIDEH2O
12/20/2008, 01:58 PM
I have two large green star polyp corals that for no reason have withdrawn and seem to be dying off. I have checked all my water parameters and did two water changes and nothing is working. I have several other SPS and LPS corals in my tank which are doing fine. I recently added these star polyps over a week ago and they only just started to withdraw 2 days ago. Is there something I am missing with the type of care these corals need? I was under the impression these corals were very easy to care for.

BigScott
12/20/2008, 02:14 PM
put them in higher flo..

belgian_waffleman
12/21/2008, 09:21 PM
GSP's are not LPS's but softies, this belongs in the soft coral section.

Lighting and flow would be main concern, give some info here. It could also help to post your water parameters you have checked. and sometimes they retract a bit during the adjustment period. Once they take off in the tank, there is no stopping them...

good luck
Waffleman

IRIDEH2O
12/22/2008, 09:41 PM
Thanks for the reply. I put the coral into a higher water flow area and also closer to the top of the tank. My lighting is 2x150Watt Halides with 2x96Watt Actinic lamps running as well. Then 4 Led lamps during the night time cycle. My water seems to be perfect at this time, I have been testing it nightly and nothing out of the ordinary is coming up. I have several other corals in my tank which are doing very well. I'm at a loss right now as to what to do. Any help would be great! Thanks

belgian_waffleman
12/22/2008, 10:35 PM
What kind of light were they under where you bought them? 150MH might be a bit much without acclimation. I would put them low in the tank for now.

Is the purple skin still there or is that receding as well?

Could you list your params?

Waffleman