PDA

View Full Version : tricky GHA treatment location

JEFFR259
12/22/2008, 06:06 PM
I have a zoa cluster that is siutated on a giant empty shell (think 5" turbo snail type shell). The cluster is dense. Today I noticed when the zoa's closed, there was a pretty large tuft of gha. I believe the best way to take care of gha is scrubbing the "host" rock. In this case I can't scrub cause I'll scrub the zoas off in process.

Anyone have any ideas before this gha has the chance to go epidemic?

sanababit
12/22/2008, 06:29 PM
lawnmower blenny, crabs, twezzers, fingers, tang, lettuce nudi, lower phospate, lower nitrate, shutoff light for 3 days, if i think of anything alse i will chime in......good luck

sana

JEFFR259
12/23/2008, 08:43 AM
Thanks for the reply.

*No Nitrates
*Very Low Phosphate (run GFO reactor, and no other algae in the tank)
*Have a Tang
*Lights have recently been off 2.5 days to resolve Dinoflagellates issue

Guess I'll go the route of tweezers. No crabs in tank (other than hermies)....will a Emerald dine on this possibly?

spamreefnew
12/23/2008, 10:46 AM
lights out for 3 days works great

JEFFR259
12/23/2008, 10:56 AM
Well, as I mentioned above, I just did 2.5 days for a dinoflagellate issue, and the GHA has just shown up on the Zoa cluster. I noticed the GHA 2 days after the lights out, so it didn't stop or prevent it. I'm sure it would make it easier to pull off tho.

Maybe I'll put the zoa cluster in the sump for a couple days (dark) and pull off the GHA then put the cluster back in the DT.