PDA

View Full Version : Pcs Okinawa

nitrogenbubbles
12/24/2008, 02:02 PM
WELL, finally a tropical area and back to Japan!!! Quick ???'s What is the cost of KW/H in the area? does the local aquarium allow access to filtered ocean water? Is local LR and sand collecting allowed ( non distructive collection) And Just a quick ref....how many reefers are in Okinawa SWG :)

Incoming 75G (60x16x18) acrylic, 500W lighting, fully automated setup ...15y experience totaling 8 reef tanks and 3 planted

dkermitb
12/26/2008, 04:53 PM
Welcome to the island--again it sounds like! I would caution against openly getting things from the ocean. I've been told that the Japanese gov will bust you if you don't have a license, but then again if you go out to the Sunabe Seawall, you will see people with little nets all the time it seems. We have had forums on that particular discussion in here.

I highly recommend getting what you need in the States first. It sounds like you have a good start, but as Lionel pointed out to me, most of your shopping for aquariums will be online.

If you are worried about the cost of electricity, I recommend looking at staying on base. The electricity is free and it's easier to keep the temp constant in your house.

Welcome again to the group and to the island.

Kermit