PDA

View Full Version : Adding fish

ladyshark
12/24/2008, 09:31 PM
Hi all and Merry Christmas!

My 125 g is ready for another addition.

So far--zebra eel, majestic angel, magnif foxface, 2 green chromis, 2 striped damsels.

My lfs just got in a red coris wrasse, juvenile, about 3 inches ($50). I have held off getting one of these as they are poor shippers, but here is a little guy already in the neighborhood.

What are your thoughts on adding him to the mix? The angel and foxface spar once in awhile, but nothing serious. The eel nips at the angel to keep it out of the cave, again, nothing serious.

Are these fish too much for a juvie coris? I have a 2-3 inch sand bed, and will be adding more rock to provide more hiding places. I can do that before, or as, I add the coris.

All params are good with nitrate staying steady at 20.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

DamnPepShrimp
12/24/2008, 10:56 PM
I think it will fit nicely into your system. They do get big, but it will take some time. They really aren't all that aggressive, but neither are your fish. I'd just be careful with the angel, he may not like the new comer. Goodluck.

LisaD
12/24/2008, 11:34 PM
sounds like a nice addition, good luck with him.

ladyshark
12/29/2008, 08:16 PM
Update: When I saw the coris, they had just received him and were acclimating to his new tank.

Went back a couple days later, and found that he had died. Bummer, but I am glad I waited to see how he was doing before buying...

DamnPepShrimp
12/29/2008, 08:24 PM
Sorry to hear that, hopefully another healthier one will come along. Good luck, keep us updated.

95Harley
12/29/2008, 08:36 PM
Good one's are tough to come by, when my LFS got mine in I grabbed him the same day before he had a chance to live in their bad water. Happy to say 1 year later he's a happy healthy 7+" long adult.

You'll love one, keep your eye out.

saltyguy51
12/29/2008, 09:30 PM
They are a very personable fish, I have a 9-10" one and he is 7 yrs old and doing great as I am the 3rd owner

ladyshark
12/29/2008, 10:37 PM
I had thought they were difficult to keep, but from what I am hearing, if they get settled in and de-stressed, they do well!