PDA

View Full Version : AC Jr Placement

greenmonkey51
12/24/2008, 11:23 PM
I'm trying to figure out where to put my AC Jr. On the front of my stand is preferable, but there's to many wires and would make it tough. An easier place would be next to the DC8 on the inside of the stand. It would be about a foot from the sump, but right above a 5g topoff container. I don't know where to put it.

saltwater4life1
12/24/2008, 11:30 PM
If you have a canapy i've seen some build theirs into it and looks nice. Not replacing the wood but screwed onto the front and then a frame built around it. Anyways It's hard to tell unless we got pictures :P

Mark426
12/24/2008, 11:51 PM
Mine is inside my stand. The novelty of having electronics stuck to the outside of your stand/canopy or visible....wears off fast. It’s not like it’s a work of art or something.

greenmonkey51
12/25/2008, 12:32 AM
I mainly want it away from water. I also would like it visible so I can easily check stuff.

Daniel.luu
12/25/2008, 12:50 AM
I've seen people put on the left or right side since you only look at the tank from the front view and at the same time you can see the display.

chris4869
12/25/2008, 01:37 AM
I have mine velcro on the right side of the stand (outside) where it's not visible and away from the doors. I have to look around the stand or pull it out (it's velcro) to see the display. It's easier for me to read the log or reprogram it in a standing position. It's easier for me to access the feed button without having to go through obstacles.

I also enclose all the wires with a protective sleeve, so it looks neater.