PDA

View Full Version : loud vortech (and other things)

A.T.T.R
12/27/2008, 01:29 PM
ok i have never delt with a new vortec before
i have used them at work and had no problon getting them to stop rattling (and i think i was using a new wet end)

but two things worried me
when the magnet on the wet end was spun manualy it almost felt like it was rubbing
and two
the box this came in ( from marine depot) was sealed with a piece of clear shipping tape and the original seal looked cut
should i be worried about any of this or should i just give it a bit of time to quiet down ?

when running the dry end by its self ( that disconnect calibration thing) it was humming a bit too i dont remember the one at work doing that.

anyways back to the point
should i wait it out or?

A.T.T.R
12/27/2008, 04:13 PM
ok its really loud.
im prolly gonna have to send it in ..i think marine depot sen me a return
im gonna give it a few more days but atleast this is documented now

i tried seperating the wet went from the dry and the dry end is quite loud by it self

A.T.T.R
12/28/2008, 08:16 PM
still rather loud.

and if i put my ear up to the tank. WOW! i still get a bit of vibration even tho i think its lined up.
its wierd. it either seems to vibrate ALOT or vibrate a little and if i try moving it around inside the sweet spot that only vibrates a little i feel no difference in vibration .

gonna see how it sound tommorrow then try and take a vid with sound of the pump for ya guys

EcoTech Marine
12/29/2008, 08:37 AM
Could be a loud motor that needs to be replaced. Like any pump, if you put your ear to the glass you will hear some noise. This is not a problem.

Please email service@ecotechmarine.com or call Steve at 610.954.8480 ext 106. If you make a video just send it along to Steve so he can review it.

A.T.T.R
12/29/2008, 12:01 PM
seems alot quieter today( its quieter then my battery air pump at least. and those things are LOUD) hopefully it will get quieter over the rest of the week

im gonna go check out a few locals pumps to see what htey sound like before sending it in or worrying about it to much
i just remember the one at work was almost dead silent.
its a one year warrentee right?

EcoTech Marine
12/29/2008, 12:07 PM
Correct, we have a one year warranty. I think your plan sounds good. I wouldn't be too alarmed if you're hearing noise when you put your ear up to it, it is a motor after all. Some environments will amplify this noise more than others.

-Tim

A.T.T.R
12/29/2008, 01:24 PM
lol no it isnt when i put my ear up to it that i was worried about i was doing that to try and aline the pump perfectly.

what i was worried about was when i was 20 ft away and i could hear the pump . which i still can but no where near as bad as before. ( with the tv on i can still hear the pump and im prolly sitting 15 ft from the tank right now)
that is what i was worried about