PDA

View Full Version : BTA looking bad. Please help.

christpuncher
12/27/2008, 02:03 PM
I'm goinig to try to get pictures in a minute, but I got a BTA yesterday and my maroon pair immediately went to it and hosted. The BTA looked great until a couple hours ago, now it is very shrunken and its mouth is open. I'm worried I'm screwed.

What would cause it to go from looking great to looking terrible in such short order?

Toddrtrex
12/27/2008, 02:19 PM
What are your water parameters? (( with numbers ))

How big is the clown compared to the BTA?

ocellaris123
12/27/2008, 02:26 PM
may be adjusting or expelling waste

Lmecher
12/27/2008, 04:09 PM
Even before you worry about pictures, seperate it form the fish. Use what ever you can to section it off from the fish, netting, strawberry basket, plexiglass, be creative. If it is looking stressed as you say, they will only make it worse. Chances are they are to blame, maroons are extremely hard on their host anemones and have been known to love them to death.

christpuncher
12/27/2008, 05:24 PM
Shortly after I posted I noticed it expelled a string of brown stuff. It then started going back to normal. It does seem like the maroons are very hard on it. Hopefully it'll hold up.

Toddrtrex
12/27/2008, 05:36 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14024760#post14024760 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by christpuncher
Shortly after I posted I noticed it expelled a string of brown stuff. It then started going back to normal. It does seem like the maroons are very hard on it. Hopefully it'll hold up.

Maroons have been known to "love" a BTA to death. How big are each ( the clowns and the anemone )

Lmecher
12/27/2008, 07:02 PM
Is there an echo in here
HELLO

hello

ha ha

Toddrtrex
12/27/2008, 07:15 PM
That is why I asked about the size of both in the 2nd post, should be a big concern.

Lmecher
12/27/2008, 08:03 PM
Toddrtrex, I am only kidding, I should not have said that, honestly I have respect for you, you give great advice. I hope you can overlook my being silly.
Seriously christpuncher (what a name, oh my, grandma would have a word or 2 for you lol) you'd help us out if you'd answer. How big is the anemone in relation to the clown?
Sorry, I am echoing Todd now.

Toddrtrex
12/27/2008, 08:11 PM
Oh, I knew you were joking, sorry if my post came off in a way that indicated that I was upset -- I should have put a " ;) " or two in that post.

And I shouldn't post all that much while on pain killers, makes my posts a bit sloppy. :)

So no worries at all.

Lmecher
12/27/2008, 10:58 PM
Half the time I can't find my glasses and then it can be bad. Pain killers, I want some too, sloppy is more fun than blind lol