PDA

View Full Version : Recipe for feeding corals????

brandacca
12/28/2008, 10:32 PM
I am feeding cyclops and DT's Phytoplankton. The LF has there own mixture of food for sale. They call it fish gumbo! lol Can anyone tell me how, or what to mix to make my own recipe for feeding. I am feeding 2 times a week now.

Thanks

mannyhernz
12/28/2008, 10:37 PM
i do phytomax and cylopeeze...2wice a week.

r-balljunkie
12/28/2008, 11:38 PM
http://www.marshreef.com/modules.php?name=Sections&op=viewarticle&artid=1

brandacca
12/29/2008, 06:40 PM
Bump,

still looking for something within reason for the size tank and corals I have. Thanks

r-balljunkie
12/29/2008, 07:21 PM
Umm,

Eric B. is perhaps one of the more leading authorities on reefing….his recipe is proven. I have used this for sometime, covers full gamut of feeding, i.e. corals, fish, LPS, SPS etc.

2 cubes a day, no worries.
Easy,

Go to the Asian market; get an oily mackerel, all the fresh ingredients you can, live preferred. Get some DT's, mysis, selcon etc. Throw in a blender and mix. Leave some larger pieces if you have tangs, or other fish, which are larger carnivores. I never seen the sense in paying retail pricing for fish food, you can make a years supply in one whack. Also, egg crate helps to make cube servings, when you freeze on a cookie sheet in freezer.

Make sure your wife is not home, or see you using her blender, cuz it will stink to high heaven when you are making it!

Be creative, you can sub out ingredients…..dont use anything cooked, only raw stuff.

Tailor towards your inhabitants. If you have tangs, load up on the seaweed. If not tangs, don't use seaweed.

good luck