PDA

View Full Version : Hob Overflow...

swbeginner
12/29/2008, 10:41 AM
I have and have had a hob overflow for quite some time and I was wondering how in the world can I conceal it. It kinda looks bad imo and I was just curious what can be done to hide it. Maybe coral covering or something else. Help?

reidcrandall
12/29/2008, 12:26 PM
I have one on my current tank and had the same problem, and I never came up with a good idea. I have fixed it by purchasing a news 120g tank that has an internal overflow :)

Probably not the answer you were looking for.

If anyone else has any ideas... where were you years ago? haha

Michael
12/29/2008, 12:32 PM
i dont bother trying, its there and i just try to ignore it, corraline algae will eventually get on the backwalls and the overflow box and make it less visable

swbeginner
12/29/2008, 01:18 PM
That wasn't the answer I was hoping for, but the one I expected. Thanks Guys!

gnorts
12/29/2008, 02:02 PM
yeah i mean even though i have one best option is just not to use one. Eventually I will buy a drilled tank or internal overflow.

rickgarant
12/29/2008, 02:06 PM
mine is hidden with rocks and canopy conseals the sides you dont see it but you here it

atwinparadox2
12/30/2008, 10:39 AM
Ever think about taking some pieces of glass or Acrylic and cutting them to give you a full height (vertical) overflow to cover your HOB? Essentially you will have two overflows, the first one concealing the HOB. You would have to cut teeth to match the height of the HOB so the water will flow evenly over the "covers" and into the HOB. I haven't seen it done but it is something to think about, and would be a cool build thread! You would have to break down the tank though so it would be some effort to do. Good luck!