PDA

View Full Version : yellow and white pistol shrimp

twelvejewelz
12/29/2008, 10:02 PM
i have a pistol shrimp that is yellowish color with white . does anyone know what kind it is i have searched online and cant find any picture of it nor can i take a picture cause its always hiding.btw it wont really let my yellow watchman goby around it without snapping on it if this helps , thanks

charlesr1958
12/30/2008, 02:16 AM
With hundreds, if not more, possible species, it would be impossible to ID it down to the species level.

The Caridean Shrimp (http://www.chucksaddiction.com/Caridean.html)

Chuck

Guygettnby
12/30/2008, 08:55 AM
not all pistol shrimp and gobies will pair up. how long has it been in your tank? my pistol would snap at my goby when i first put it in the tank but after a few days they were fine together.

i have seen a pistol like you described and they called it a caribean pistol shrimp. but there are so many different kinds out there, that a positive id would be imposible without a picture

twelvejewelz
12/30/2008, 01:39 PM
i dont want to take my whole tank apart to get a picture i should have taken one when i put him in. the shrimp was paired with an orange striped prawn goby in the store if that matters.i just dont want my YWG to get hurt his fins are already alittle torn up