PDA

View Full Version : Yellow Tang Ich?

mvickramm
12/30/2008, 03:01 PM
Guys,
When I bought my Yellow tang, there were no white spots on the fish. Now I am seeing one white spot on his dorsal fin. Could that be Ich? He is a small 3 inch tang. If its ich, what size tank should I get for quarantining? Can you please tell me what will be the best way to catch him. He is too fast and I have lots of hiding places in my 75g tank.
Thanks,
Vick

rickgarant
12/30/2008, 03:44 PM
is he only fish in tank tangs are good for getting ich in new tank i treated mine with kickich and a cleaner shrimp and neon goby he was cleaned up in about a week or so make shure he eats lots of green stuff plus some frozen foods as long as he eats he should come out of it

jenglish
12/30/2008, 04:44 PM
what else is in the tank? if it is feasible to remove the inverts and place them in a smaller container you can use hyposalinity procedures in a DT. You may wish to watch him and see if it is truley ich. SOme people say kickich works other say it doesn't. I have never personally used it.

mvickramm
12/30/2008, 08:00 PM
Thank you for your reply guys......
I have a coral beauty, 2 damsels, one maroon clown and a choc chip star fish.

He eats perfectly fine. In fact he is the one who is eating the most on whatever I throw into the tank. When I bought him he was perfectly yellow in color. Now there is one bright clear yellow dot on his dorsal fin. But he is not scratching.... He is just normal always gracing and searching for food. I am just concerned about that very clear white spot.

mvickramm
12/31/2008, 05:49 AM
Please help me out guys......

Michael
12/31/2008, 05:57 AM
the best help i can give you is to suggest you post your question here http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=87 you may have to wait a while for an answer but it will be a good piece of advice, for now though id say you need to quarenteen your fish as soon as possible and treat with a itch remedy, usually they have a copper based medication and it is not reef safe or live rock safe thats why quarenteen is necassary, most if not all reef safe itch treatments are total crap and dont work, hope he recovers, good luck

Michael
12/31/2008, 06:01 AM
oh and look here http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1500214

smsreefer
12/31/2008, 07:22 AM
I had ich on one years ago . Started feeding it brine shrimp soaked in a little garlic juice .
[ from minced garlic in a jar , just a few drops ]
It seemed to run it's cycle off the tang and never came back .
Even after several years.