PDA

View Full Version : CuC for 65 gallon??

SteveNMegz
12/30/2008, 04:39 PM
Hey guys
I'm just wondering what is the perfect CUC for a 65 gallon coral and fish saltwater tank? We have currently 3 turbo snails, 10 little blue legged hermits plus a couple biggers one, and a couple other snails medium size. a serpant star a cleaner shrimp and 2 other shrimp....What would make our sandbed look like new again too lol I want our tank to be as clean and nice looking as when we first started hahah

Thanks guys!!!

Chris&Mel
12/30/2008, 05:15 PM
I have the same size tank....so just tagging along here

phil519
12/30/2008, 10:02 PM
you could try a sea cucumber (the non filter feeder kind). They are rather drab and ugly but do the job in terms of cleaning the sand - especially since your tank is a year old. Would be easier to recommend if we had a FTS of the tank in question. Some people have all LR and a very small area of sand, while others may have a lot of exposed sand and very little LR.

Other choices that may help would be snails that dwell in the sand - such as cerith snails and nassarius vibex (though these eat food - not algae). Mine come roaring out of the sand to grab at any food that floats to the sand and doesn't get grabbed by the mini brittle stars.

Another sand dweller snail is the fighting conch - try and get the captive raised ones whenever possible.

There are also fish that may help - but then that introduces other needs that may not fit your tank set up.

I'm sure others have alternative suggestions - these are the ones I could think of.