PDA

View Full Version : Tank transport options

CloruroDiSodio
12/31/2008, 12:54 PM
Hi gang,

I tried doing some searches within this forum on "tank / aquarium transporting" but it seems the search option was giving an error? Anyway, has anyone ever used a neat or clever method(s) to transport an aquarium (other than brute strength). I have a 180 gal glass tank coming in that weighs about 300 lbs and was just trying to get some ideas. What about a dolly with padding placed in strategic areas?

jaystampareef
12/31/2008, 01:25 PM
Yes, my company moves aquariums. We use heavy blankets wrapped with masking tape and hand trucks rated to 700 pounds. The trick here is to use a hand truck with four wheels and a handle that extends to 6 feet. They are available at Home Depot/ Lowes for about $80. Make sure they have infatable tires, not solid rubber/plastic ones. This makes "bumps" easier to navigate. Wed can move a 180 with two people this way.

CloruroDiSodio
12/31/2008, 01:58 PM
Hi jaystampareef,

That sounds great, thanks for the info. The thing I'm most worried about is navigating my stairs (tank is going in basement). Should we use the 2 wheel dolly for this to take 1 stair at a time?