PDA

View Full Version : Gl*******s.com overflows - quiet???

csufman
12/31/2008, 01:50 PM
I have heard some good things about these overflows but I am wondering how quiet they are? My tank is going to be next to my couch in the living room and want it to be as quiet as possible. Thanks.

Madfronter
12/31/2008, 02:04 PM
I would look into a CPR continuous siphon overflow box for your tank. I upgraded my system with one and love it. Never have to worry about the siphon failing. And instead of a lifter pomp you can use a maxi jet powerhead to start the siphon and continue to take the air out. There are videos on youtube regarding the set up procedure. If you get one you will never go back.

csufman
12/31/2008, 02:09 PM
The gl*******s overflow uses a bulkhead through the back of my tank so I don't have to use a U tube. No powerhead needed as there is no siphon.

jedheuer
12/31/2008, 02:33 PM
It really depends on how much flow you are going to put through it. If it is relatively low, it will be relatively quite.

noahm
12/31/2008, 02:50 PM
With the baffle installed that comes with it, it is basically silent. Any noise will be due to your plumbing past the box. Flex pvc will tend to be quieter than a straight drop of rigid. Those guys have awesome customer support, so feel free and use it if needed. I bought a 1500gph box and it works very well. I also talked to them a few times.

luv4paws2
12/31/2008, 03:17 PM
I'm putting a 700gph one on my frag tank. Let you know how it does.

mbscuba
02/26/2009, 05:37 AM
Wondering if you have taking the plung yet. I too am getting ready to do the glass-holes box. I already have it drilled, Im just waiting on getting a sump

billdogg
02/26/2009, 06:25 AM
I could not be happier with the box i got from glass-holes. my kit included the box, bulkheads, holesaw and dart pump. IMO, a great setup at a great price. Included at no extra cost was some of the very best customer service around. I will definitely use them again when the time comes.

platax88
02/26/2009, 08:47 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14486376#post14486376 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by billdogg
I could not be happier with the box i got from glass-holes. my kit included the box, bulkheads, holesaw and dart pump. IMO, a great setup at a great price. Included at no extra cost was some of the very best customer service around. I will definitely use them again when the time comes.

I agree! Love my 1500gph kit. Those Glass-Holes are awesome :) we need more companies like them around now in days.