PDA

View Full Version : test kits

my350z
12/31/2008, 03:55 PM
Can somebody tell me who makes a good quality test kit. So many brands to choose from. I just want a good quality kit without breaking the bank.

Thanks!:)

mb167204
12/31/2008, 04:24 PM
im thinking about purchasing the redsea master kit. its only 32.99 from marine depot and i think they are an all around good kit.

shuguley
12/31/2008, 05:17 PM
Salifert and Elos are probably top of the line but also ridiculously expensive.

API is very easy to use, affordable and available almost everywhere. I have had very good results with API for everything except Magnesium. For magnesium I do use Salifert because API doesn't make it and the Red Sea Magnesium test has a lot of bad reviews.

Michael
01/01/2009, 02:26 AM
i use salifert kits mainly, however tetra and tropic marin do test kits as well, ive found that the ph and nitrate kits are ok but i use salifert for most of my testing, they are accurate and a decent hobby grade kit, the best you can get without paying for lab grade

Flipper62
01/01/2009, 02:37 AM
I use the API ( REEF KIT ) for testing Nitrates, Nitrites, Ammonia, PH,

I use the Salifert kit for calcium & Iodine

However I just bought the PinPoint Calcium monitor, Just waiting for it to get here so I can test it

tmz
01/01/2009, 12:10 PM
My experience with the red sea master kit has been poor. API is better in my opinion. Salifert works ok for calcium,magnesium and alkalinity but have had bad batch problems in the past.