PDA

View Full Version : feeding

kidkaos520
01/01/2009, 02:15 AM
I am currently feeding my fish ora glo pellets. I have been told that that would be fine for them. But after doing much reading many say to have a variety of foods i.e. brine,mysis things like that. I also have some corals and an anemone that I feed liquid phytoplankton. My question is 1. for the fish how do i thaw or put the other food in 2. do I need to spot feed the anemone and corals

Michael
01/01/2009, 02:52 AM
i suggest you spot feed your nem, half a silverside is a good start, hold it gently against his tentagles and wiggle it about until he closes up around the silverskin, dont push the food into his mouth, as for fish well i use gammablister brineshrimp in garlic twice a week and tetra marine granules xs every day or sometimes i miss a day, i only feed tiny amounts,i also feed salifert coral food 2-3 times a wekk, HTH

fishyfriend4u
01/01/2009, 03:24 AM
Well I got a 14 in anemone that i feed silver sides, (frozen) thaw of course. They love silver sides. LFS will stock in fridge in fish section. I also Feed him Shrimp and krill. You don't want to constantly feed him same stuff needs different proteins and nutrients from different things. Now, important thing feeding him. I feed mine every 2-3 weeks there are people that don't feed theirs for 6 months at a time. I am not 100% sure what is the right way but i have had mine 2 years and he has been fine eatting 2-3 weeks. I don't like to use store bought food cubes cuz, they use gels to hold food together and u don't know whats in the water they use and such. so i am going to start making my own food soon that way i know what i got. There are a few recipes floating around here i want to try. This to may be your best bet! As far as spot feeding it depends on what coral u got!