PDA

View Full Version : Sequencing of lights

PermaNoob
01/01/2009, 09:25 AM
So I thought I had figured out at least the most basic thing .... lights, only to be told something different yesterday.

My thought was that moonlights are on during the night, then the actinics come on when the moonlights go off. Then the T5s come on when the actinics go off to simulate mid day. The T5s stay on for a few hours then the actinics come back on around dinner time and when going to bed turn off the actinics and put on the moonlights.

Am I right about this? If not, what is the right sequence? I'd like to put them on timers since I'm a moron.

Michael
01/01/2009, 09:32 AM
not too sure about that, i have some blue LEDs and i have them come on an hour before my T5s, then after the T5s have gone off the LEDs still run for an hour after that, thats basically my lighting schedule and
[welcome]

as you deleted the last thread im copying this to this new thread

jasonrp104
01/01/2009, 09:42 AM
8 am Actinic turn on
10am Daylight turns on
7pm daylight off
8pm actinic off
9pm moonlight on (sometimes i'll turn them on at 8 though)

I'm not saying my way is the right way but I've seen similar lighting times from other people's posts. I do leave my lights on a bit too long but if I didn't there would be 4 days a week that I could only look at my tank under moonlights if I didn't.