PDA

View Full Version : help with Aqua Controller Jr

codenameziggie
01/01/2009, 10:16 AM
I just got a Aqua Controller Jr second hand and am having problems understanding how to set it up,don't even seem like the default program is on there even,i tried to calibrate the probe last nite and dont know if that was done rite,i started with the 7.000 solution and it went down to 7.63? and stopped at that mark...it says in my book that wait til it stops and that's what it stopped on,i thought it would go to 7.000 is this wrong or is the probe bad? and then i used the 10.000 and it went to 11.11 and stopped can some one tell me if I did it wrong? and if some one can help me to understand how to program it that would be wonderful,i just cant seem to understand from the manual

doubleduece
01/01/2009, 12:39 PM
Once the ph value stops moving to 7 , you hit the select button and that calibrates the device to 7, then rinse your probe and use the 10 solution, once it stops moving to 10, press the select button and that calibrates the device to 10, by calibrating the device with two known points, the device then knows how to scale any changes in ph.

IslandCrow
01/01/2009, 01:21 PM
Yeah, don't worry too much about the numbers you're getting during the calibration. That's not actually the PH it's reading from the solution. Even a perfectly calibrated probe never displays 7.0 or 10.0 during the calibration. Someone smarter than me may be able to explain exactly what it means, but just hit select when it stops moving per the instructions.

If you haven't already, go to the Neptune Systems webpage, and you can download the instruction manual or anything else you may need. There's also an Aquacontroller forum on Reef Central with some very knowledgeable people: http://reefcentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=368

codenameziggie
01/01/2009, 04:13 PM
thanks for the reply,double duece and islandcrow!! so it may never reach the 7.000 or the 10.000 is what you are telling me?