PDA

View Full Version : Long Island, NY Fish Stores / Fish Forum

rainmkr07
01/01/2009, 01:02 PM
My little brother just got a new tank this Christmas. He lives on Long Island, NY and we need to find him some good local Fish Stores and a Long Island Fish Forum. Do any of you know of a Long Island Fish Forum? And do any of you know any good LFS on Long Island? In Nassau County would be ideal. I'd like to find him a good LFS with good prices, and that sells frags too (his tank is a pico tank).

Thank you in advance!

-Ryan

crysis
01/01/2009, 01:08 PM
Im in Nassau County. Heres a list of some decent ones, where in Nassau is he? Some of these are closed, but Pet Barn is great in Franklin Square, they are really nice in there. Mutts and Butts is pretty good, and for a little drive Pets Warehouse in Copague is real good as well.

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=925471

E.intheC
01/01/2009, 01:27 PM
be careful with a few of those stores on that link.. it's a bit outdated.

Here's a thread I started a little while ago. It has some good posts by other local reefers:

http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1520905&perpage=25&pagenumber=1

crysis
01/01/2009, 01:30 PM
Yeah, a few closed but they are mostly in suffolk county. The ones I listed in Nassau are good however. Thanks for the thread, good to know some fellow LI'ers are out there.

E.intheC
01/01/2009, 01:32 PM
absolutely. Hmm.. I'm looking for a good place to buy some Chaeto.. anyone know of a place to buy some? Aquarium adventure has a golf ball sized clump for $22.. seriously.. who would buy that?

crysis
01/01/2009, 01:42 PM
They gave me a pretty big ball (softball size) for 22 bucks. It wasnt bad, im letting it grow in my fuge and my friend is gonna give me 11 bucks for half of it. Its the only place around I could find chaeto though.

E.intheC
01/01/2009, 02:06 PM
still though.. I've seen this stuff in other stores being sold for $3 for a sandwich baggie full of Chaeto.. and the 'golf ball' sized amount above varies based on the person collecting, I imagine

crysis
01/01/2009, 02:24 PM
Yeah, I guess thats true. The kid in there isnt bad. I called around and couldnt find it anywhere else. Beats having it shipped and paying 35 bucks for shipping.

E.intheC
01/01/2009, 02:36 PM
tell you what; by the time I'm ready to put chaeto in my 'fuge, I'm sure you'll have a ton! :) maybe I can help you recoup some of your losses? ;)