PDA

View Full Version : Great, FEDEX does it again!

Steve_Aquarius
01/02/2009, 04:55 PM
I have placed many orders in the past, and know that the Dr's packaging is top notch, so how does FedEx do it! I was looking forward to the stuff I ordered this last Monday, Dec 29th showing up today. Sad thing is, I only live 2 hours away, yet somehow the things I ordered became damaged in transit! As when I looked up the tracking number this is what I got:

Jan 2, 2009 8:21 AM

Package returned to shipper
SUPERIOR, WI
Unable to deliver shipment, return to shipper - Damaged in transit

8:21 AM

Delivery exception
SUPERIOR, WI
Damaged, handling per shipper instructions

5:59 AM

At local FedEx facility
SUPERIOR, WI

Jan 1, 2009 11:47 PM

Departed FedEx location
SAINT PAUL, MN

Dec 31, 2008 7:14 PM

Arrived at FedEx location
SAINT PAUL, MN

4:43 PM

Picked up
EAGLE RIVER, WI

Is there anyway a replacement can go out ASAP?

Thanks

dfs/la2
01/02/2009, 05:41 PM
Steve,

Thank you for your post and recent order with Drs. Foster and Smith. We apologize that this order was damaged during shipping and for any inconvenience this may have caused you. We have placed a replacement order for the items to be shipped out two day air on Monday, January 5th for Wednesday, January 7th delivery.

Sandy C.
Live Aquaria (liveaquaria.com)
Drs. Foster and Smith (drsfostersmith.com)

Steve_Aquarius
01/02/2009, 05:53 PM
That is nice and all, but I get the packages in 2 days either by ground or air, as I live so close. If you look, you can see that this was shipped on the 31st, and I would have gotten it today, that is 2 days time.

By 2 day air, the package just goes farther, to Atlanta hub, and has more chance of damage!

My main concern is just getting the package out as soon as possible, as I had placed the order on the 29th, didn't ship till the 31st. If this goes out on the 5th, I will be happy :)

Freed
01/02/2009, 05:55 PM

dfs/la2
01/02/2009, 06:13 PM
Steve,

Thank you for your post. We have added the two day air to this package to ensure that the package will get out to you as soon as possible. While previous ground orders have only taken two to three business days, air service will guarantee it in two days and that the package will leave on Monday.

Sandy C.
Live Aquaria (liveaquaria.com)
Drs. Foster and Smith (drsfostersmith.com)