PDA

View Full Version : Deltec MCE600 & Microbubble Galore!

EnFuego
01/04/2009, 07:21 PM
I've had this skimmer running on my tank for close to two years now, but I've never been super impressed with the performance. I don't have a sump on the tank, hence the HOB skimmer. Recently it has been spitting out more and more microbubbles filling the tank. Combining the mediocre performance with microbubbles all over the tank, I'm on the verge of selling it and going skimmerless.

For what it's worth, the tank is a 42 gallon tank, so I know the skimmer is overrated for the tank.

I gave up on the original clear plate thing that originally went in the output of the skimmer and bought the PVC connections sold by Deltec that would supposedly kill the microbubbles, to no avail.

The airline is generally set at around the recommended 2 o'clock position, if that makes any sort of difference.

I'm sure this wouldn't be a problem if I had a sump to put this in since I could use baffles, but that's not an option.

So, with all that said, does anybody have any thoughts on what to do before I give up?

hairyman1
01/15/2009, 09:59 PM
PM GSM Guy as he loves these things almost as much as his ATB.

GSMguy
01/15/2009, 11:23 PM
Sounds like it might need a cleaning, I have run mine with the air tap removed for a while. No microbubbles here.