PDA

View Full Version : help me fix my tank

RyanMcLaughlin
01/04/2009, 10:15 PM
Hey everyone,
I have a pretty successful tank running w/ some corals and fish. I thought things were going fine until i examined my tank a little deeper and found that behind one set of rocks i have a deadspot that accumulates a good amount of crap in it. What are some things i can do to fix it? I cant really move my current powerheads but thought i could maybe get a small maxi jet or something to direct back there and keep it moving? Sound like a good idea? Any advice would be appreciated.

snulma1
01/04/2009, 10:20 PM
Or you could just keep things as they are and when you do a water change, siphon off the detrieus that accumulates there! Just as long as you don't have cyano forming!

RyanMcLaughlin
01/04/2009, 10:37 PM
I cant really reach back there with a siphon hose. I used on of my k3's to blow everything that was back there into the water column to get filtered out. Actually i just had all the cyano in my tank die a couple days ago and just have a little hair algae.

jenglish
01/04/2009, 11:03 PM
you can either rearrange rocks to change the flow or like you said put a small pump back there. of course this may just move the dead spot ;)

Craig Lambert
01/04/2009, 11:31 PM
Blow the area daily with a turkey baster.