PDA

View Full Version : Haddoni - normal deflation rate?

Troll
01/05/2009, 03:35 PM
Having had many BTAs in the past - got bored and got a green Haddoni....mouth looks great and its doing well (although my occs aren't hosting in it).

Question I have is regarding its normal inflation/deflation cycle. I've had it going on about 6 weeks and find that it deflates almost every day or other day (and obviously inflates again).....which is much more frequent than my BTAs used to.

I've only fed it some mysis on a weekly basis at this point.

It's about 33" under 3x400w MHs.

Thanks

Mitch

Toddrtrex
01/05/2009, 03:38 PM
IMO, that is way too often.

Excluding outside sources --- me touching it, something falling on it, etc. --- My blue one, maybe once a month
My tan one, almost never.
My green one, maybe twice a month (( the only one that isn't hosting any clowns ))

Troll
01/05/2009, 03:40 PM
Perhaps it is still becoming accustomed to its new home.... Water parems are all good.....with all SPS and coral doing fine.

Clowns have sniffed it....but no hosting yet.

Toddrtrex
01/05/2009, 03:41 PM
I still think that is too often, after 6 weeks it should be used to it.

What are the actual numbers behind the parameters?

Troll
01/11/2009, 08:07 PM
Manually intervened last week and moved my nem from a partially shaded area on the side of my tank (under glass crossbracing) to a more sunny spot directly under (well 34" under) my MHs.....problem solved. Hasn't deflated in over a week.

Hobby sure is funny....6 inches made a big difference.

puter
01/11/2009, 09:14 PM
That's an interesting observation, thanks for sharing it. Did you also stop feeding the anemone?

Mark