PDA

View Full Version : RODI question.

workinman6009
01/05/2009, 04:20 PM
I am looking to buy an RODI unit, is Ocean reef a good system? A guy in my area has one for sale for $100.

AZDesertRat
01/05/2009, 04:57 PM
If its the Filter Guys Ocean Reef +1 thats a good deal. The only questions you need to ask though is the age of the filters and is it still in use. If it is out of service make sure the membrane has been kept wet or it may need replacing too along with the other filters which could drive the cost to near that of a new system. If the filters are less than 6 months old and it has been maintained well its a steal.

workinman6009
01/05/2009, 10:41 PM
he said its not hookd up but its still wet. He bought it a year ago and never changed the membrane tsd still reads zero after di. its the one thats suposed to change color when it needs replaced

AZDesertRat
01/05/2009, 10:51 PM
The membrane should last 3+ years. If the rest of the filters have not been changed do that ASAP as they should be serviced every 6 months and disinfected at the same time. I wouldn't rely to much on color changing resin, use the TDS meter, prefferably a handheld one which is more accurate than the inlines. I have two of the dual inlines myself but I rely on my COM-100 handheld for accuracy.

Flipper62
01/05/2009, 10:52 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14085802#post14085802 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by AZDesertRat
If its the Filter Guys Ocean Reef +1 thats a good deal. The only questions you need to ask though is the age of the filters and is it still in use. If it is out of service make sure the membrane has been kept wet or it may need replacing too along with the other filters which could drive the cost to near that of a new system. If the filters are less than 6 months old and it has been maintained well its a steal.

AZDesertRat,

Like you said, That sounds like the FilterGuys Ocean Reef +1

Thats the same one that I have. BUT if it were me. I wouldn't take a chance & I would buy all new filters for it. I just bought the new filters from Jim last week, They were $52.00.

$100.00 seems cheep, but a brand new Ocean Reef +1 is only $199.00............

What do you think..????

http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/mm238/flipper62_photos/RODI-1.jpg

Playa-1
01/05/2009, 11:00 PM
It sounds like a good deal to me.

workinman6009
01/06/2009, 12:21 AM
Thanks for the replies. I was buying water from the LFS but the last time I did when I opened the lid on the bucket I smelled clorine so I tested, sure enough it wasnt good water. So I went to another store and told them what happend (didn't mention store name to them) and he said there were a few stores in to area that sell tap and call it RO. So ya I need my own unit NOW. anyone else have this problem.