PDA

View Full Version : Need Opinions on *Plug'n Play systems

Trandall
01/07/2009, 10:51 AM
Hi everyone. I did some looking and didn't really know where to post this so I hope this is the right place.
I already have a 210 gallon set up. It's doing great and I love it. My fish have been healthy, happy & thriving for over a year now and the corals are doing fine too. I've gotten very good info from this forum as well as others so thank you. I'd like some more info please.

My father recently died. He adored the sea, salt water set-ups, and especially corals, etc. I'd like to use some of the money he left me and set up a smaller system as sort of a tribute to him. Rather than just spend the money away, pay bills, and have nothing to show for it I'd like a lasting reminder of him.

So I'd like to set up one of the smaller, sort of *Plug n Play* systems and devote it mainly to corals with just a couple smaller fish. I've been doing some looking and some systems seem much better than others. I think there's the CAD systems that will retrofit them for you. Some come with sumps, skimmers, halides, etc.

Was thinking of staying around 30 gallons, give or take a couple gs. I've already got the big *killer* fish in my 210 so this smaller system will mainly be devoted to corals.

Would love to hear some recommendations on the all-in-one systems from those of you who have them.
Feel free to contact me on here or off list.

Thanks so much~
Terri

BradsOcean
01/07/2009, 11:07 AM
There is the JBJ 28g HQI. It has HQI and a wavemaker.

You might get more responses if you ask in the "nano" section.
http://reefcentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=75

stylolvr
01/07/2009, 11:41 AM
Sorry to hear about your father. I'm sure he would have appreciated this gesture.

Perhaps an AquaPod 24 would work. They are all inclusive and you can get them with 150W MHs.

Let us know what you decide.

jimmy n
01/07/2009, 11:46 AM
What kind of budget are we talking about here?

I'm not sure what kind of equipment you have on your 210, but instead of watering down your efforts into 2 tanks, consider upgrading equipement on the 210.

Maybe a nice controller? Some new lights? That monster skimmer? A new stand/canopy? Put it in a wall?

It all depends on the budget.

JMO

Trandall
01/07/2009, 11:53 AM
Hi Jimmy. No my 210 G. is fine and doesn't need any upgrades. Matching stand and cherry wood canopy, top of the line light system, sump, refugium, skimmer, vortech power heads, phos and carbon reactors, UV, chiller, etc.
It's doing extremely well so no need to mess with it. But due to the way it's stocked < borderline predator reef> I need a different set up strictly for corals which is why I want an additional set up.
Thanks for your input though.
I also posted this in the Nano forums. thanks for the head's up Bradsocean.
Thanks for the input guys. I appreciate it.