PDA

View Full Version : Anybody need any frog stuff?

sandalscout
01/08/2009, 09:15 PM
I lost my fire bellied toad (seriously, it's just gone, somehow out of the tank with the lid and light still on it!) and I'm not really interested in getting another one. I've had my toads only a few months, but after the first one got sucked up against a pump, and this one missing, I figured someone else might have a need for my tank and items.

I've got:

10 gallon tank with lid, blue background
10i in-tank filter
NO strip light that's slightly longer than the tank
5 pounds river gravel
3 pieces of slate
a hollow log
a decent piece of driftwood that's about as long as the tank
a big grocery bag's worth of coconut substrate (1 brick expanded)
3/4 brick of compressed moss

I think that's it, but I might have some more stuff in the closet. Let me know, I'll bring it all (sorry, you gotta take all of it!) to the swap meet and gladly hand it over. If you want to throw a frag or two at me for it, all the better!

Thanks,
Matt

Angela Short
01/08/2009, 10:07 PM
I can throw a few fragsa at ya if I can get this stuff :) I am playing with the frogs now and am always needing bark, moss and wood. The tank is just a plus tempting me to put something in it :). What are you into? I have some nuc green zoas fraged already. I think a 3 polyp for sure and can get other "stuff" What is on your wish list?

SRT80
01/09/2009, 12:21 AM
Hmmm....

this has me worried now because I was fixin' to re-do my 10 gal fire bellied toads tank. They are always chillin' in the small little pond I have in there. I was gonna re-set up to give them more water and less land and use the whisper 10i I have. Right now I don't have a filter so I change their water every day...about 4 cups.

The tank was originally setup for reed frogs but my nephews reed frog died so I ended up pickin' him up a couple Fire belly toads. Then he decided he wanted a gecko instead so I got stuck with the frogs. I've grown attatched to them now and now I'm not wasting as many crickets as before. Tarantula only eats a couple a week.

I might check into the Whisper 3i, since there will be less than 3 gal. of water. I'd hate for them to get sucked to the filter.

Thanks for the warning.
Steve

sandalscout
01/09/2009, 09:24 AM
Steve, it wasn't this filter that sucked them up, it was a water pump I had in there to generate a water fall. The 10i has been fine.

Angela, it's yours! I'll take some nuc greens, I have some greens, but I don't think they are the same as those. I'm REALLY into LPS, so anything like that is cool too.

Angela Short
01/09/2009, 10:48 AM
I can hook ya up with some frogspawn or candy cane then. About all the LPS I have avaliable right now. Which sounds more appealiing? A head of each? I have purple tip and green on the frogspawn. Do you have any candycane?

sandalscout
01/09/2009, 02:23 PM
I've got a nice huge head of that color frogspawn, and I've got light green and nuclear green candies, what color are yours? Got any SPS? I'm just expanding into SPS.

Angela Short
01/09/2009, 02:48 PM
Do you have Both colors of frogspawn? I have one with purple tips and one with green tips. I have SPS but am not really fragging them, I want them to grow out and the tank is very inmature so I don't want to risk cutting them. The LPS are in my daughters tank. I have a frag of something I broke by accident SPS but I can't remember what it is, I will get a pic for you to see. Its green. We will work it out till you get a nice return on the stuff though, don't worry ;).

sandalscout
01/09/2009, 04:05 PM
I do not have both colors, just the purple tip on green, so the other would be great! and green SPS would be cool, I've got some of the evil Mel's millepora, but that's all in green.

MY green zoas look like this:

http://s290.photobucket.com/albums/ll256/sandalscout/Reef%20Tanks/?action=view&current=55ReefWallTop.jpg

Angela Short
01/09/2009, 07:50 PM
My zoas are solid green like this...

Angela Short
01/09/2009, 07:54 PM
I can't find a pic of the nuclear greens but look on Revhtrees thread, I think he has some pictured. They are solid, bright green and way different than the green you posted. I will get you a frag of the "green" tip frogspawn, the frag of mystery coral already mounted and a 3 polyp of the nuc greens then, sound fair? The nucs are already fragged from a month or so ago so they are good to go. LMk how that sounds, Ok?

sandalscout
01/09/2009, 08:21 PM
Sweet, that sounds good to me, thanks!

sandalscout
01/16/2009, 09:31 PM
Angela, I'll be at the NTRC table, or at least my stuff will, whenever you want to get it. Someone there will be able to point me out, no doubt.

Angela Short
01/16/2009, 10:10 PM
Good deal, I will look for ya! Thanks!

doodoobrown
01/16/2009, 10:11 PM
angela in frogs too lol. I have some dart frogs now as well. i guess its a transition thing :D

Angela Short
01/16/2009, 10:12 PM
I think people in this hobby just have addictive personalities ;).

doodoobrown
01/16/2009, 10:16 PM
its amazing what you can do with old reef tanks. i have a nice nano cube set up for blue boy (auzerus) and a 20h for my leucs. i have a truck full of (11) 20gal tanks too for future use lol

Angela Short
01/17/2009, 07:50 AM
A truck FULL of 20 gallon tanks! :lol: Yea, addictive personalities ;) I have more plants sitting in my laundry room than I care to admit waiting to go in a frog home....