PDA

View Full Version : Maintenance help on Reeflo Dart

mortonl
01/11/2009, 04:21 PM
My dart Gold (baldor motor) started making a squealing sound. Upon observation, I found the drive shaft between the motor and impeller to be correded with dried salt. Obviously this means the seals arond the shaft from the impeller are not 100% sealed properly. Any instructions on how to attack this problem?

Thanks.

RussM
01/11/2009, 06:17 PM
Call Reeflo, and request a new set of seals. Visit Melev's web site (http://www.melevsreef.com/dart_seals.html) for an excellent how-to pictorial.

mortonl
01/11/2009, 06:33 PM
Russ M, that is perfect!! Thanks for the referral!

BTW, I used to live in El Cajon, on Magnolia when I went to SDSU.

iamwrasseman
01/11/2009, 06:36 PM
mine has been running for 8 years and its the same way .it really is a slow leak to the point that there is only a salt deposite . the squealing sound that i got one time was a piece of gravel that got into the impeller and i had to disassemble the head and remove the tiny piece of crushed coral . it did leave a very small scratch in the housing but not any problems at all . just my opinion

mortonl
01/12/2009, 11:47 AM
Disassembled per the Melev's reef illustrations and concluded noise was coming from bearings inside, after a thorough cleaning. Looks like they are going to swap with a replacement...