PDA

View Full Version : Help with flow

Slayer311
01/11/2009, 10:58 PM
Setup my fiance's 40g breeder she got for christmas this last week and am trying to decide which direction to go with flow on a BUDGET. Currently I am running a koralia 2, maxijet 600 and 700gph return flow, the tank is 36 long by 18 wide and the current pumps have a ton of dead spots, its a softy tank and she is worried about putting too much flow into the tank but as it stands there just is not enough. Some realistic ideas would be of great help, do I go with koralias again just larger 3's or a differant route, currently in the 46g bowfront I have a koralia 3 and 2 with 700gph return flow and it is plenty almost too much. I have a budget of about 100-200 dollars tops!! to spend on this, please help, the dimensions would be similar to providing flow to a 75g just 12 inches shorter in length, so those with 75g tanks I would be interested in what works for you that isn't too much and its much differant than making flow for the 46g bowfront.

James77
01/11/2009, 11:23 PM
I would do 2 Tunze Nanostream 6025s, they are about $70 new each. You can do a very easy and harmless mod to have them put out ~1200 gph. The are much smaller than the Koralia and higher quality also.

CeeGee
01/12/2009, 12:17 AM
Also the Tunze nano streams use very little power so they will make up for their higher price over time. I have one and think it is fantastic. Plan on getting a couple more for my sump.