PDA

View Full Version : eel aggresion

S4lt Lif3
01/12/2009, 11:06 PM
Hey everyone hopefully I don't have a problem but just wanted to run it by you guys.

I have a 75g with a Spotted Moray and a Chainlink
Moray, Both are just over 1.5 feet. At the LFS I go to, I had some store credit, They had a small fimbraited Moray that is a foot long. The owner sold him to me for 10 bucks so I decided to get him.

Question is, the fimby is fine with the lights on and stays in the pvc tunnel near the other 2 eels. but when I turn the lights off he gets ****y with them. When first put into the tank he tried to start a few fights but after an hour he just went mouth to mouth but didn't try to bite and backed away. Will I be ok if I turn the lights off or do I need to worry? He is a little dude compared to the other ones I got in there but still seems to be a threat to them. Any advice? I apreciate it. SORRY FOR SUCH A LONG POST lol

DamnPepShrimp
01/12/2009, 11:32 PM
Don't think there is much you can do except monitor them all very closely. I'm sure you know, but a 75g is too small for 3 eels. I'd maybe try and divide the tank up with 3 seperate tunnels/liverock formations so each eel can have his/her own territory. Otherwise, you may have to pull one eel out if it doesn't work. Goodluck.

S4lt Lif3
01/12/2009, 11:43 PM
People have told me that 3 would be fine for a few years?

But when the fimby gets bigger i think im gonna get rid of the chain link. not sure though. they have alot of LR to hide in and a big PVC tunnel that runs the length of the tank behind and on one of the sides.

Should I turn the lights off or what do i do about that?

DamnPepShrimp
01/13/2009, 12:06 AM
Your going to have to turn off the lights eventually. You can't have them run 24/7. I'd turn them off and watch them very carefully. See if you can move the fimb to one side if he keeps getting aggresive.