PDA

View Full Version : Osmolator Problem

ktkreegs
01/13/2009, 08:28 AM
Last night, I setup my osomolator and a 5 gal bucket of fresh water. I had both the sensor and float sensor on the lowest setting on the brackets. Everything worked great when I plugged in the controller. Water was pumped up to the sump and pump was shut off once the water hit the level mark on the sensor.

I went to bed thinking everything was set and running smooth. At 3:00am my 3 month old started to cry, I went and checked on her, and she was upset because she could hear this loud alarm. So I moved her in her crib, went to the tank and notice an extra gallon was added to the tank and the alarm going off. Since it was three in the morning, I unplugged the controller, made sure the pump wasn't running. And went to bed.

Why didn't the sensor stop the water? Why didn't the second back up float sensor shut off the water?

When is the alarm suppose to go off?

Thanks. Kevin

rvitko
01/13/2009, 10:05 AM
The alarm goes off when the secondary float sensor is raised, this also would shut off the pump. It sounds like you have a siphon, you should always pump up to the tank and never down to the sump or you can get a siphon.

ktkreegs
01/13/2009, 11:07 AM
It's not a siphon problem. My sump is on a stand, and I pumped the water up from the ground.

I did notice some bubbles on the sensor and float sensor. Could that be the problem?

Does the float sensor shut off the pump if it reaches that sensor? And does the alarm stay on if it gets to that level?

Thanks.

rvitko
01/13/2009, 11:49 AM
The optic sensor cannot differentiate between an air bubble and actually being in the air and dry. The bubbles could very well cause this. In that case the pump would run for 10 minutes or until the float was raised at which point the system would shut off and sound an alarm until the float was lowered or the power was reset in case of the 10 minute time out.