PDA

View Full Version : Feeding Mushrooms

Jsn
01/13/2009, 02:35 PM
Hey everyone, just got to ask...

What type of food you recommend feeding mushrooms?

Right know I'm feeding them Kent products (Phyto Plex or Micro Vert).

Thanks

Toddrtrex
01/13/2009, 02:53 PM
Honestly, I wouldn't even bother.

Back when I had them, I never once directly fed them (( once in a while they would get some food meant for the fish )), and they grew to plague proportions.

Think that you will to more harm then good if you try to feed them -- the harm being water quality issues.

tcmfish
01/13/2009, 02:53 PM
Meaty foods. Like mysis shrimp or small chunks of raw shrimp. The phyto and zoo plankton is not going to feed your mushroom, which is a common misconception. Those things are for clams and feather dusters.

You may have to put a container over them so they have a chance to keep the food away from fish and flow (they aren't the faster eaters and dont have tentacles like LPS).

Jsn
01/13/2009, 03:27 PM
Nahhhh. I'm going to keep them. I want to try something different. See right now I had to get rid of my corals because i have a Queen Angel and she just started nipping. So before she really does any damage I took them out and gave it to my friend to hold, until i get a smaller tank going.

Anyways, just going to try a colorful mushroom tank and maybe some other corals that aren't as appetizing to my Queen. I think I'm going to post this issue and see what everyone thinks.