PDA

View Full Version : Here is my plans..will it work?? GSM

agreeive?fish
01/15/2009, 07:33 AM
Ok i have a 5-6 inch gold striped maroon clown that i would like to pair up so here is my plan...

iam gonna buy a 1-2 inch juvi.. put it in a 30g tank with live rock and one polyp coral(more corals comming)..after the juvi has been in the tank for about a week or so then i will add the large(guessing female) to the tank where the juvi is already established... personaly i think this would give me a better chance than trowing the juvi into the tank the largge female has been in for a couple of years...

is my thinking on track or am i in left field on this one...

(i know that gsm are hard to pair up and iam prepared to move one of them to another tank if need be)

thanks for any input...oh iam placing a fish order some time today so i hope i get some responces early on today

garygb
01/15/2009, 11:13 AM
I would put the female in the tank, and let her get used to the tank and establish her territory for a couple of days. Next put a glass barrier in the tank and add the male, so the female can't actually touch him. When he obviously is deferring to her through the glass, you can remove the divider. If he has a chance to establish his territory, he might try to fight her which will only lead to problems. On the other hand, if he knows from the start that she's the boss, then he will not challenge her and aggression will be minimized. You want to make sure that the new one is a male. And, you want to make sure there is no way the female can get to him until you remove the barrier. After you remove the barrier, keep close watch to make sure he continues to be submissive toward her.

tufacody
01/15/2009, 11:23 AM
Wow, that's one big clown.

davocean
01/15/2009, 11:39 AM
I did this, started w/ a floating container so I could still feed the new guy.
Then I put into a specimen container a couple days later and put close to her nem.
It took 3 tries before she finally accepted a male.
The first 2 it was pretty obvious that she hated them, launching at the males.
The 3rd try her behaviour was obviously different, more curious than angry.
I could pretty much tell right away she was going to accept him.

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e141/mermail/newtankswappics070.jpg

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e141/mermail/Tankupdate0807026.jpg

kerusso316
01/15/2009, 08:27 PM
garygb was right.