PDA

View Full Version : RBTA vs. clam

miniwhinny
01/15/2009, 07:49 AM
Got myself a beautiful crocea yesterday and it's attached itself already. I'm going to be getting a RBTA and I was wondering (actually worrying) if there's going to be problems between the two if they get too close.

Will the bubble tip sting my clam :(

Thanks

scaz
01/15/2009, 09:40 AM
I have heard that clams and anemones get along rather well

Toddrtrex
01/15/2009, 11:29 AM
I can't speak for BTAs, but for a while (( I moved the clam for other reasons )), my clam and my Haddoni were touching, never saw any ill effects to either.

Urchinhead
01/15/2009, 11:45 AM
The anemone will move itself (regardless of where you put it) to a place that it likes in your tank. There is an 80%+ certainty that it will be to the exact place that is the hardest place to feed it or see it and the exact place you do not want it to be. If that happens to be close to where you clam is it will most likely sting the clam causing it to release its hold and try to move itself or worse.

Not saying don't get the RBTA just that you need to be aware of that when you put it in the tank.

tpdpercula
01/15/2009, 01:25 PM
I have 2 large Squams in my tank with large carpets and rbtas. They are rocking on together.

miniwhinny
01/15/2009, 03:17 PM
Okay, thanks everyone for your input. Hopefully mine will get along and if not I'll catch things in time.

...just another reason for me to upgrade to a 40 breeder ( Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh !!!!) MORE ROOM FOR EVERYONE RIGHT? lol.