PDA

View Full Version : anthia with possible lymphocystis

prodman
01/15/2009, 09:04 AM
I wish I could could post a pic but cant right now. Anyway the fish went through qt without a hitch and now a week in the display and it appears it may have a case of lymphocystis its mostly on its head ( mauch larger than ich whight lumps ) I thought lymphocystis was mostly on fins. But it also has one spot on its fin. Upon doing a search I found recommendations ranging from sudo surgery to good water quality and diet. I have it in a pristine sps tank and I feed at least 2 times daily with selcon soaked foods. Are my other fish at risk or not
Thanks

snorvich
01/15/2009, 09:15 AM
If it is lyphocystis, your other fish, from my experience, are not at risk. If it is cryptocaryon, they are. But I am NOT a fish disease guru like others on this list.

NCSUsalt
01/15/2009, 09:27 AM
^ +1

I've also seen lympho manifest on the head of fish. Had a swallowtail once that looked like a unicorn. 3 weeks later it was gone, but it did leave a big scar.

prodman
01/15/2009, 09:53 AM
I am positive its not cryptocaryon. I will just wait and see for and continue to feed well

Philwd
01/15/2009, 11:03 AM
Lympho is viral and most fish carry it. It manifests when the fish is stressed by tank mates or environment. So it often shows right at introduction. It is not particularly deadly (but can disfigure) or contagious and will usually clear up once the stress is remedied.