PDA

View Full Version : Sick fish help

vyerous
01/15/2009, 04:08 PM
Hello everyone. I have been QTing a pair of true percs for about 2 weeks now and things have started to go down hill. The female came in healthy, full of life, eating and pooping no problem, today she hasn't really eaten any food and her poop is stringy. I also notice a thin small white line on the tail that has become more visible. I have been told to keep an eye on it and check to see if it becomes fuzzy (ok?) is there any disease that has been known to cause a horizontal line? I don't believe I have ich, I don't see a white film on either of the fish. The male seems to be doing just fine, eating, pooping, its just the female that is sickly. What do you guys recommend as far as treatment goes? Will this internal parasite pass or should I treat? If I should treat please recommend with what? Also is it better to medicate with food or dose the water?

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3434/3198821375_832b7af343_m.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3264/3198801205_98c99a4309.jpg

In the top photo you can see a little raised spot at the top by her fin, any ideas on that?

In the bottom picture you can see the line that is only on one side of her tail.

Sorry for the crappy pictures, just snapped them real quick to show what I am talking about.

I tried this in the clownfish forum with no help, I looked in the disease forum but it seems pretty dead in there.

Thanks.

vyerous
01/15/2009, 05:06 PM
Up, need help asap.

koranAngel
01/15/2009, 06:31 PM
after my recent tank poisining
my perc had similiar mark across his body and was laying flat on the bed i thought damn another dead fish
but after a couple of days a water change he resurface
and 1 weeks later all marking gone,

and i didnt treat it with any form of meds

the point im trying to make is dont worry to much they are strong fighters im sure she will recover asap

vyerous
01/15/2009, 06:42 PM
Thank you, I am definitely doing a water change tonight. I talked to my LFS and they said I should try not feeding for a day or two and go strong with greens, along with the WC. Anyone else know anything about this stringy poop?

Wgluther
01/16/2009, 10:54 AM
I had a couple of ocelaris clowns develop the stringy white poop while they were in quaratine. It seemed that the poop would not drop off readily also. Unfortunetly they didn't make it. I since have heard that it could possible be a bacterial infection. Don't know of a cure though. They also stopped eating when the poop first appeared.

vyerous
01/16/2009, 12:53 PM
Yea she isn't eating like she used to. I'm scared to not feed them but I don't know what else to do. I'd hate to medicate and it not do anything, who knows what the medicine does to them.

stricknine
01/16/2009, 01:55 PM
I had a pair of banggai cardinals with the stringy poop thing, stopped eating and died.

When I got my pair of clownd, I noticed it on 1 of them, but it slowly cams bach (after a week or so) and is doing fine. I use a lot of garlic in my food and soak it in selcon for a while. Seemed to work for me.