PDA

View Full Version : fishes digging in my sand?? Die fishy's die!!!

sikpupy
01/15/2009, 09:39 PM
Dropped my blue damsel in the 90 and he is tail fanning all 4 corners of my tank, 6", down to the bottom. Scooped his arse up, threw him back into the 20 and then stuck a purple pseudo in the 90. Now this little b****rd is sucking up sand from the corners and spitting it out in the middle of the tank. Both came from a bare bottom tank. I don’t get it!? Two different fish doing the same thing. Is this a new fish disease or do they just have a death wish from me, squishing them against the tank in anger?

Zebodog
01/15/2009, 10:06 PM
My orchid dottyback was tunelling as well.
I ended up using rubble to fill in his "cave" at which point he found a home up in the rockwork.

No problems since.

FLReefGirl
01/15/2009, 10:15 PM
I feel your pain.
My blue damsel has dug a hole under that big main rock in my tank. I fill it in and he digs it out again. Drives me crazy.
He even picks up crabs and snails that find their way in his cave and drops them somewhere else in the tank. I have to admit, that is funny to watch.

m8j4c
01/15/2009, 10:25 PM
well atleast you wont have diatoms or cyano making it look ugly!! Haha

sikpupy
01/17/2009, 12:34 PM
Yea, that is true, lol, but, I have a DSB and if they keep digging, that idea will be totaly useless. That is the only thing that really ticks me off about it.