PDA

View Full Version : Frag ID and info

maroun.c
01/16/2009, 03:56 PM
Hi,
Can anyone confirm if this is a montipora Capricornis?
HAve it since 2-3 months now looks the same since then no sign of growth or anything yet. I have it under medium light medium low flow do you think it prefers different conditions?
Thanks for any info

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm185/mcaqua150g/Corals/DSC_6861.jpg

rynon
01/16/2009, 04:15 PM
Looks like a chalice to me, Echinophyllia......I'm actually relatively sure on that. It looks happy where you have it so I'd leave it there.

maroun.c
01/16/2009, 04:29 PM
Believe you're right as it has some of those mouthes as in Chalice pics I just checked. not as visible as the ones in the pictures though. one of them can be seen on the lower left corner of the coral its a bt greenish.
So its an LPS right? Any need for feeding?thinking that I just bought it for 15 usd as a monti frag and looking at the price of those Chalice makes me think I got very lucky? Still its not as nice as the ones I saw when I searche Chalice...

rynon
01/16/2009, 04:33 PM
Usually feeding the fish is enough for this coral, if you want you could spot feed with something like mysis or something smaller when the feeding tentacles are out at night. Yes it's an LPS. I can see the greenish mouth in the picture, it may turn out to be a very nice coral when it gets bigger. For the price I think your off better with the chalice over the monti, the chalice grows much slower making it less fragable and more expensive IMO.