PDA

View Full Version : fish not eating

Klaus777
01/17/2009, 09:34 PM
I have picked up a couple of Golden Anthia's a few days ago. Both seem to be good, healthy specimens but only one of them is eating. I am providing then with options of pellet, mysis shrimp and something called fish and reef#1. It doesn't matter what is in front of him he just shows no interest in the food. Is there a preferred food for these guys?

Michael
01/18/2009, 01:25 AM
http://www.liveaquaria.com/PIC/article.cfm?aid=268, could be various reasons why he isnt feeding, have you tested your water params lately, does the other anthia bully him, etc etc, hope this link helps

Klaus777
01/18/2009, 11:12 AM
Thanks Michael,
Maybe I will try some brine shrimp and flake. The other Anthia doesn't bother it at all. They are both females. The water parameters all check okay, I just have low calcium which I am trying to raise and I am raising it slowly by dripping.

chris4869
01/18/2009, 01:51 PM
I use brine shrimp and blood worm to entice the picky eater until it gets use to pellet.

reefworm
01/18/2009, 02:03 PM
some have posted here that soaking the food in garlic extract entices some reluctant eaters to feed. worth a try if the above advice doesn't do it