PDA

View Full Version : Excessive waste water?

agentgreen
01/18/2009, 12:11 PM
I bought the Typhoon 3, and it is working great.

The only issue I'm seeing is that I think I'm outputting too much waste water. I just checked it, and the waste water filled up a 5 gallon bucket and put out maybe 12 ounces of RO/DI water.

I thought it was a 3 to 1 ratio? 3 gallons of waste to one gallon of RO/DI? Am I doing something wrong?

I don't know my water pressure, but it comes out very strong from the faucet.

I do have the unit mounted higher than the source water, maybe 4' higher?

Just looking for suggestions or ideas for this, because it seems like I have massive waste water for just one gallon of RO/DI water. 128 ounces in a gallon, lets say 50G waste to one gallon pure? That can't be right.

Thanks for any help!

Khandurian
01/18/2009, 02:03 PM
Pressure plays a very important role on how much water is produced. So does Temperature. You really need to find out what the pressure of your input water is as well as the temp.

If I remember correctly, without looking it up, 1:4 is produced at 77F input water at 55psi. 1 gallon good 4 gallons waste.

During the winter, it's difficult to get your input water to 77F. The colder the water the less output.

I have heard, could be wrong, but when your water is cold, limiting the waste water, which increases the pressure will create more output.

aag2020
01/21/2009, 08:43 AM
They state not to limit the waste water.

agentgreen
01/21/2009, 09:03 AM
I had forgotten about the water temperature bit, I will try that next batch of water I make.

Not sure how I can go about testing my water pressure though!