PDA

View Full Version : Two Shrimp/GOby Pairs in the same tank?

kfennell
01/18/2009, 05:34 PM
I got for free today a tiger pistol shrimp and a hi fin goby. I already have a pair of the exact same fish. Is it going to be a problem to put this pair into my 20g with the other pair? What about just putting both of the gobies in?

If I did put them all in together what is the most likely bad outcome, one of the shrimps dies and the gobies avoid each other? Or will one whole pair die?

Thanks
Kevin

snorvich
01/18/2009, 05:47 PM
The shrimp should be no issue. The gobies may either pair up or disagree. I have tried it and it worked for a while but this was in a largish tank.

Sk8r
01/18/2009, 06:34 PM
They'll fuss and measure mouths, but probably no serious issues. Among gobies, they're pretty undemanding of territory---or are at least content with a fairly small area. The yellow watchman goby, however, is NOT tolerant.

Eklikewhoa
01/18/2009, 07:48 PM
I would at least give it a try...worst case you would have two pairs in two different parts of the tank.

My previous tank I threw in 2prs of yashia and randalls and I got one fish with two shrimp.

My recent tank I did the same again and now I have 2 fish with one shrimp.

True Blue
01/19/2009, 12:19 AM
What do you think would happen if there were two different kinds of Gobies and Shrimps in the same tank? Lets say a 75 Gal?