PDA

View Full Version : anyone ever heard of this site?

Gotsoup
01/18/2009, 08:36 PM
I found a site called Godscreationsunderthesea.com it was very reasonable, but did not have some of the same info you would find on live aquaria. Has anyone ever heard of it? They are either shady or interesting I haven't figured out which!

LisaD
01/18/2009, 09:37 PM
I've never heard of them. You might try posting or searching in the vendor experiences forum.

I suspect they are too good to be true. They list many rare animals that I have seldom or never seen available before at very low prices.

They claim to have Ebay feedback. I'd ask them what is their seller name/store on Ebay, and look up quantity and quality of feedback. I searched and could find no seller under their name.

agreeive?fish
01/18/2009, 10:03 PM
I have seen it a couple times over the last few years..i dont know anything about them....and it may have been thru an ebay link that i 1st found them..but as lisa saidthier prices are kinda low on many of the harder to find aquatic life so???????

Flower1459
01/18/2009, 10:13 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14187545#post14187545 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by LisaD
I've never heard of them. You might try posting or searching in the vendor experiences forum.

I suspect they are too good to be true. They list many rare animals that I have seldom or never seen available before at very low prices.

They claim to have Ebay feedback. I'd ask them what is their seller name/store on Ebay, and look up quantity and quality of feedback. I searched and could find no seller under their name.

I was curious as well... I went and looked at their page and their E-Bay feedback was linked https://www.godscreationsunderthesea.com/merchantmanager/product_info.php?cPath=84&products_id=292 I agree that they seem too good to be true, but feedback seems pretty positive. I'd be interested to hear from anyone on here who's ordered from them.

DOTZ
01/18/2009, 10:26 PM
What's too good to be true? Everything seemed to be normally priced.

LisaD
01/18/2009, 11:41 PM
The great amount of variety was suspect, and I thought some of the pricing was on the low side. If there was a group that could get all those sharks listed, as well some rare inverts and fish, wouldn't you think it would have been discussed on this board by someone?

If you look them up on Ebay, under their Ebay feedback name from their site, they don't turn up as a seller. All the Ebay
"feedback" listed on the site as cut and paste seems to be dated from 2005. Why no link to Ebay?

If they are a dependable and legitimate business, I'd be very interested in learning more about them.

Gotsoup
01/19/2009, 01:09 AM
Yeah those were my thoughts as well. I have been looking for a australian tusk for a month and randomly came acroos their site. I will have to check it out a little more. I plan to call them tomorrow. hmmmm, nice to actually talk with you guys, after a year of reading all of your post I figured I should get involved a little more. I will be posting pics soon as I finish my in wall tank. Thanks for the help I will let you know what I find out.

LisaD
01/19/2009, 01:53 AM
I probably will avoid, based on these threads:

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=758312&highlight=Gods+creations+under+the+sea

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1369721

Recty
01/19/2009, 02:38 AM
First thing I noticed is when I looked at their main fish page the picture for butterflies was a passer angel :)

Gotsoup
01/19/2009, 02:42 AM
yea, I called mulitple times with no answer, not even a machine. I thought things seemed a little funny. oh well, back on the tusk hunt I guess.

discusone
01/19/2009, 05:37 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14188840#post14188840 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Recty
First thing I noticed is when I looked at their main fish page the picture for butterflies was a passer angel :)

HA!,you beat me to it.Thats odd,huh.

saltyguy51
01/19/2009, 08:17 PM
they need to change their name!!

Juice It
01/19/2009, 09:26 PM
I have learned in my few online fish purchases that I will only order from one of the few reputable sites and most importantly only order WYSIWYG. I would say most sites that have a generic picture probably don't have the fish in stock and after you make the purchase they go looking for it. I did a search for a Golden Puffer a while back and found probably 10 sites listing them for sale but out of those 10 only one at the time had one in stock. Also with the extreme variences in same species with expensive angels and other prized fish it isn't worth the few bucks you can save over a company like LiveAquarias Divers Den.