PDA

View Full Version : Lighting shipped

singold
01/18/2009, 09:57 PM
Should I have any concerns with having a lighting unit shipped due to being fragile?

Toddrtrex
01/18/2009, 10:01 PM
From a private seller or from an online shop?

Over the years I have had 3 (( could be 4 )) lights shipped from well known online retailers, in all the cases I had zero issues.

Brent RH
01/18/2009, 10:15 PM
last light I got came in its mfg box, then air bubbles, then another box around that, then more air bubbles and another box. couldn't have been more sound. 3 boxes in the end. new from some source online I can't remember. Oh and fragile stickers all over. if its for you're big tank thats going to be some monster package if its shipped like mine was.

Freed
01/18/2009, 10:18 PM
Make darn sure that the sender is going to package it well AND insure it for full replacement cost. State it explicitly in an email to them and over the phone so you will have proof that you requested insurance for full value.

singold
01/18/2009, 11:12 PM
Thanks, and yes it will be from reputable online dealer.

nixon125
01/18/2009, 11:34 PM
i agree with Freed, the more documentation you have, the better. that way, you can cover your hind end in the unpleasant instance where you get glass pieces delivered instead of a functional light. (years in customer service taught me that one!)