PDA

View Full Version : Reaquascaping advice needed!

Ksologistt
01/19/2009, 11:52 AM
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3257/3178225499_3ddda7d032.jpg?v=0

As you can see, the aquascape is very bland as of now. My tank is 15 days old and has completed its cycle, as nitrate and nitrite has been 0 for 3 days now. It is stocked with a clean up crew of 3 snails, 5 hermits, and 1 pep shrimp to eat my aptasia. They all seem to be doing well and have been in the tank for a week. I want to reaquascape but am afraid of disturbing and killing creatures on my LR. Would it do much harm for me to simply grab the rocks and move them around in the tank?

Ksologistt
01/19/2009, 11:53 AM
Oh, and any suggestions for the new aquascape? I'm planning on having a false perc and maybe a green mandarin goby at some point, along with corals in the future.

miniwhinny
01/19/2009, 12:01 PM
You're fine moving stuff around where ever and when ever. Not to complicate your life but - I like your 'scaping as it is :) it's interesting.

DevilBoy
01/19/2009, 12:02 PM
Your nitrate and nitrite you say are at zero. what is your ammonia reading? 15 days is alittle quick for a new tank to cycle unless you used cured live rock. But i would wait awhile before adding anything just to make sure.

To answer your question, yes you can just grab the rocks and just move them around in the tank to suit your liking of the aquascape it will not harm anything on the rocks.

Ksologistt
01/19/2009, 12:03 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14190847#post14190847 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by miniwhinny
You're fine moving stuff around where ever and when ever. Not to complicate your life but - I like your 'scaping as it is :) it's interesting.

Well thank you! :) I think it would look much nicer once I get some corals and stuff in there, but that will be for a while.

Ksologistt
01/19/2009, 12:04 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14190852#post14190852 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by DevilBoy
Your nitrate and nitrite you say are at zero. what is your ammonia reading? 15 days is alittle quick for a new tank to cycle unless you used cured live rock. But i would wait awhile before adding anything just to make sure.

My ammonia reads 0 as well. I'm not sure if it was cured, but it had been sitting in a tank with other fish and tons of other live rock at the lfs. The signs point to a finished cycle, but I'll definitely wait at least a week before adding a fish.