PDA

View Full Version : considering ditching my system

2t2_crash
01/20/2009, 10:06 PM
My tank has been a swamp for a while now and am slowly realizing I dont have the time to keep up on the tank and am considering getting rid of it.

I enjoy the setup, I just cannot keep up with it or have the money to invest more in it.

any suggestions for help with it or possible people who might be interested in the equipment?

UTCReefer
01/20/2009, 11:01 PM
What equipment do you have?

2t2_crash
01/21/2009, 12:22 AM
I dont have much. 55. gal tank from bx, 20 gal sump, two hydor coralias (one 3 and one 4). a syphon overflow (box, not U tube), Coralife Super Skimmer, Rio 2100 return pump and my light fixture is the dreaded oddysea fixture.. though it is the newer one with electronic balasts.. two of the T5s are dead though (doh!)

Lionel
01/21/2009, 02:15 AM
I may be interested in it for a frag tank.. lets get together sometime this week so i can take a look

tylersdad
01/21/2009, 02:16 AM
I will check out what you have too, i ave been eyeballing some hydors lately.

Lionel
01/21/2009, 05:24 AM
back off i got first dibs wes :D

2t2_crash
01/22/2009, 05:53 AM
sorry I didn't give you a call today lionel... I got a little busy

Sango-chu
01/22/2009, 06:37 PM
Hey, maybe you'd like a little help first...Unless you're REALLY tired of this...it takes time and I am sure you have a busy schedule, BUT, It makes my day when I get it on track; go around to shop for frags, talk to others about my system, find out new ways to make it work, dive until midnight... You have enough stuff and the tank for a small system to welcome you home once you get there...
Water changes can be figured out, Hell, The Departed once posted that he didn't change water for MONTHS and his small tank looked great...You'd be surprised what you'd find in the tidal pools here on Okinawa...Live rock, anemones, lawnmower blennys, etc...I am sure we'd all like a piece of your expensive equipment, which you have, but I'd prefer to have another *reefer* to share ideas with... You'd be surprised how some of us might babysit a tank for another while we're gone...

THINK IT THROUGH!!! The results will be amazing! and the experience priceless when you get back to the states.

Good luck...

Luis

tylersdad
01/23/2009, 05:03 AM
Hey Luis, do you have any pics of your tank?

Sango-chu
01/24/2009, 06:12 PM
I just tried to take some with just the actintics...not too pretty...
Will try again tonight...

You can visit my thread to see what's there so far...

bethnjeremy
01/24/2009, 07:57 PM
Luis, your vho are real deep blue red spectrum. Did you try to adjust the white balance in manual? That is how I can only get a somewhat decent pic with the camera I got. I really wish I didn't break my other one, I was able to get better pics.

Sango-chu
01/25/2009, 04:49 PM
Cool, i'll try it tonight...