PDA

View Full Version : Help me Decide between these two Pumps Iwaki or Pan World

bulldog12
01/22/2009, 12:20 AM
I am really having a hard time deciding between these two pumps:

Iwaki MD40RLT or the Panworld 100px

Not being able to hear these guys in action really makes it a challenge. Anybody had both of these pumps? Any input would be greatly appreciated.

46FiatYamaha
01/22/2009, 05:04 AM
I have a 50PX-X and I love it. Quiet, built well, doesn't add much heat, output seems close to what it's rated, and comes with a power cord so it doesn't have to be hard wired. A lot of people say the pan worlds are a lot quieter than Iwaki's, and are built by the same engineer

RokleM
01/22/2009, 09:20 AM
I've had great luck with my PanWorlds for what it's worth.

d2mini
01/22/2009, 09:27 AM
I had a 50px panworld and it was great. Really quiet. I had to get rid of it because it was much too powerful for my tank.

ackee
01/22/2009, 06:52 PM
Iwaki pumps run about double the price of Pan World and other Chinese clones. Iwakis may not be twice as good, but they are, I think, clearly better quality. I've owned several Iwakis and two of the clones. Iwakis are smoother, use better materials, and are more precisely built and assembled. One of my Iwakis has been running non-stop, except for cleaning, etc., for 8 years. It's still tight and solid. Pumps are not (or should not) be a frequently replaced item. I greatly prefer Iwaki, and if that is not extravagant enough, I spend the extra money for the slightly more efficient (check Amp ratings) Japanese motors.