PDA

View Full Version : Moving a hammer without hurting it?

Pheeshes
01/22/2009, 10:20 AM
Is it possible to move a hammer without doing it dammage if the skeleton part of it is glued to the rock? basically my hammer is very close to the vortech i just put in so it's getting a lot of flow and it doesn't seem particularly happy about it. i'm not sure how well it's glued on. there was a hole in the rock about the size fo the frogspawn's stalk, so i put alittle super glue gel on the bottom of it and stuck it down in the rock. it could be just barely attached or it could be holding really well. i just was wondering how alive the very end of the stalk is? what is the likely hood of hurting the coral if the end breaks off in the rock? i think i'll be able ti just pull it out of the hole with no problem, but i just wanted to be prepared if something went wrong. thanks

Flavum
01/22/2009, 12:30 PM
as long as you dont mess with its tissue itll be fine. The tissue comes down maybe an inch or so on the skeleton so if you broke it at the bottom it should be fine.

Pheeshes
01/22/2009, 12:53 PM
ok, that's good there is a good 4 inches down in the rock then it branches and goes another 2-3 inches on each branch then the tissue. thanks