PDA

View Full Version : After Ich

Jbone2180
01/22/2009, 12:55 PM
Hi all,

I recently had my 3 fish die from ICH. I have a 29 gallon BioCube. All three fish died the week of Christmas. Once they past, that day I pulled out all the LR, crabs, snails, shrimp, mushrooms, zoos, frogspawn out. I completly cleaned out the tank. I added new sand and put everything back in the tank. Using 60% new water and 40% of the old. Anyway the corals and inverts made it through the cleaning. The tank has been running for a couple days short of a month and everything is thriving. I have a very basic setup right now. This is a stock BioCube with the BioCube protein skimmer. My questionis, can I start adding new fish or should I wait it out still.

Thank you in advance for your help

grimreefer01
01/22/2009, 12:58 PM
what made you take everything out to clean it? didnt have to..
usually takes about 30 days for the ich to die with no host..

Peter Eichler
01/22/2009, 01:00 PM
I'd suggest waiting at least 6 weeks and 8 if you want to be really safe

Jbone2180
01/22/2009, 01:04 PM
Well this was my first tank. I really didn't place the rock in a logical way, I just kind of stacked it without any forsight of coral placement or growth and hidding places for the fish. When I started to move the rock around, I discovered I was overfeeding (to put it lightly) and it looked horrible. I decided to clean it out and lay it out in a more logical way.

grimreefer01
01/22/2009, 03:57 PM
the aquascape made you do it! :smokin:

once you move a rock, then you have to move another...
when you move that other rock, the others dont look so good, eventually ending in a total re-aquascaping!