PDA

View Full Version : xenia ????s

bobcat178
01/23/2009, 06:27 PM
have a pulsating xenia that is not pulsating.....just flowing with current w' ends wide open......color seems same.....is that normal or is it sick????? was pulsating like crazy yesterday...

CHAOSTACTICS
01/23/2009, 06:34 PM
mine changes from day to day, it will also change depending on where it is in the tank. Some times it doesn't like the flow, some times a hermit has walked across it, some times it doesn't like the lighting, some times the water is too dirty, and some times its too clean (yea its possible). Its crazy stuff, a lot of fun and if you're not careful it takes off like a weed. wouldn't be worried unless it starts melting. It won't live in my sps tank, but will live in my other two... go figure. Also don't ever pay for the stuff if you can avoid it, if you have a local aquarist club most reefers are willing to give it away free. Heck I've shipped the stuff out of state priority in the summer, fall, and spring and had it live, I only charged postage.

Moondog123
01/23/2009, 06:37 PM
Xenia's can act funny sometimes if too much flow is on mine they do that.

thomasp123
01/23/2009, 07:44 PM
At least you still have yours mine got kidnapped by some invertabrate. I put it in its place and by morning it was gone never to be seen again

bobcat178
01/23/2009, 09:04 PM
ok, thanks peoples...its new to the tank so i'll wait and see....

mbell09
01/24/2009, 10:12 AM
mine did the same till i moved it to a less flow area now it is thriving and doing great some on here recomended that to whoever it was thanks again