PDA

View Full Version : Zoa/Polyps Growth

RyanDragon
01/25/2009, 01:32 PM
I have frags of Zoa and Green Button polyps for 1 year now,,, for some reason, they haven't expand alot, the colonies only produce about 5 polyps in 1 year...Is there anyway i can get it to grow more ? do i need to dose something ? and these frags are place on the very top of the tank ,, about 10 inch down,,,, please give me some advice... my tank is 2 years old,, I went from FO to a Mini reef, mainly consist of discosoma and green hairy mushrooms and zoas/ polyps....

the2ofus
01/25/2009, 01:41 PM
I had the same problem....very little growth to none and some times single polyps would loosen at their base and fall off.
I've since read the VC thread started by "Pufferpunk" and have been dosing for 7 or 8 weeks now..................Everything has different growth rates as I can tell and diff. light req.....Since VC, polyp count has at least doubled and sizes are larger, plumper, colors are more enhanced....other corals look better too. better polyp extension and I can see growth on the SPS almost weekly.

I'm not saying that VC is for you but, might be worth reading "all" of the thread and ask some questions.