PDA

View Full Version : how to catch a fish?

Peter Dup.
01/25/2009, 03:09 PM
I have been trying to catch a few fish in my tank but no luck. Is there a slick method that you use. I even tried fishing and nets but the fish are to smart!

Thanks

Peter

cdbias2
01/25/2009, 04:12 PM
The glass sliding door fish traps work with patience.

BradsOcean
01/25/2009, 04:16 PM
[welcome]
they sell fish traps...there are also some homemade ones

mustang51js
01/25/2009, 04:29 PM
i had the same problem and someone on here told me to try this and it worked great, you get o clear plastic soda bottle(2L) and a net, cut the top off the bottle and put it in the tank along with the net so the fish get used to it, then i put some food in the bottle ( i did this with a turkey baster) and when the fish went in to eat it put the net in front and thats it, sometimes the fish wouldnt go in but after a while they went in

NirvanaFan
01/25/2009, 05:09 PM
Leave the net in the tank for awhile. The fish should get used to it. You may be able to feed them and net them when they aren't ready. Getting a bigger net may help too.

Peter Dup.
01/25/2009, 05:49 PM
Thanks for the help.
Peter

Brent RH
01/25/2009, 07:54 PM
had the same problem in my tank and tried all the above methods w zero luck. Your tank is more than twice the size of mine and so maybe this method wouldn't be advised. heres what I did after starving the tank for over three months w/ still no luck. (royal gramma) BTW. Talked to member that gave me the idea of the oceans tide. Corals sit bare in the sun with no water in the ocean, so why couldn't mine in my tank. Went to HomeDepot and bought the biggest hose I could find. About 1.5" My tank was empty in 3 minutes. Net fish cause he's going crazy w/ all the water gone. Hook all your spare pumps to different hoses in your Brute garbage can holding all your water. (you would need two can I supose) used that method for my tank. had the whole thing empty and refilled i n 20 minutes. Corals looked perfect an hour later. just a though if you don't want to take apart your rocks.

mb167204
01/25/2009, 08:34 PM
I have also used all the methods above. Depending on if your fish sleep deep in your rock work or not, my method may work for you. I tried for days with the bottle but no luck. I went up to the tank one night late at night (about 8 hours after lights out) got a flashlight and kept the room dark. I quietly just took my net and scooped up the fish i wanted out. Seriously worked amazingly. LOL i even caught a damsel with my hand against the glass while he was sleeping. I would seriously give the sleep attack before the others.

markandkristen
01/25/2009, 08:34 PM
i used the two liter bottle method
except i took the top that i cut off and turned it around and used if for a top on the two liter bottle

that way it looks like a cone dome turned inward.

i cut the hole just big enought for the fish i wanted to fit through

put food in the two liter bottle and wallah in 20 minutes i had a flagfin angel out.
when he went into the bottle i just picked up the whole bottle
he tried to swim out but kept hitting the top of the dome ( this is the top part that i cut off and turned it around and it snuggly fit inward

Brent RH
01/25/2009, 08:47 PM
I tried a hook as well #22 but a lost cause.